Friday, June 8, 2007

Reflection #3

My learning style is a combination of visual as well as auditory. Graphic organizers, drawings, audiotapes and lectures enhance my learning. As I recall, the results of the learning style inventory indicate that I am a visual learner.
Since I am a kinder bilingual teacher, in my classroom, the issue of learning style involves visuals, auditory and kenesthetic. Teachers have to know their learners and accomadate their individual needs with the appropriate learning style. Furthermore, teachers have to be flexible with their learning styles and implement a variety of strategies for second language learners success.
I have been fortunate with my bilingual parents. They are very supportive, perhaps, this is because of their culture. Their belief is to respect a teacher.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Very true Rosario, as kinder teachers we (reardless of the language or content that we are teaching) have to use different techniques and strategies to cover all our students' needs. Have an interactive classroom, full of hands-on activities, and with a variety of visuals is the most effective way to teach ELLs. Also, I am glad that you have supportive parents, it is a key factor for the success on the learning process of our students. Erika.